Living in South Florida has many advantages and also includes many disadvantages, including the persistent threat from hurricanes (link). From what you have learned from this class:
- What causes hurricanes? What destroys hurricanes?
- What are scientists saying about the link of climate change and hurricane activity?
- With regards to our growing population, especially along the cost, why are we especially prone to huge losses when a hurricane hits?
- With regards to hurricanes and South Florida, if you were in a position to grant or deny building permits, what would be your chief concern when assessing these permits?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Include at least 2 references in your discussion and cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!