- Complete the A “Great” Composer A “Great” Composer – Alternative Formats table by doing and answering the following:
- Compare any two (2) different historical periods that you have read about in this course: Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary.
- Who are all the most influential composers of the two periods? Why were they so influential?
- What are the hallmarks (unique characteristics) of the “styles” of each period and/or composer?
- Listen to a work by each composer. Name the title of the piece and the composer you selected for each period.
- Do their works share any similarities?
- How are they different from one another?
- Think of a modern composer you think may have been influenced by the composers you chose composers.
- Write in complete sentences, to complete the A “Great” Composer A “Great” Composer – Alternative Formats table.
- Use Microsoft Word and run a spell check/grammar check (under the “Review” menu in Word). Correct grammar and spelling will be part of your grade.
- Copy and paste your proof-read assignment into the Assignment Drop Box (not the “Comments” Box.)
All written assignments will run through SafeAssign, Blackboard’s plagiarism checking tool. Be sure to paraphrase appropriately.
See the Rubric for how your grade will be determined.