1. What were the basic attitudes about dialects in American Society?
2. What were some scenes in American Tongues that show prejudice against the speech of a particular region, class or a social group? ( ATLEAST 3)
3. How do people feel about themselves when they are constantly told that their dialect is inferior? Have you been identified about your dialect?
4. Any other thoughts and ideas which you found interesting /concerned after watching this video( at least 3 and discuss them)
5. What does the video seem to suggest about the disadvantages of not being able to use Standard English in situations where it is expected to be used?
6. How many and which languages you know and can speak
Speak Read Write