-Use parenthetical citations as needed inside the body of your paper.
-Do not copy multiple paragraphs from other sources without citing.
-Remember to include a Bibliography page at the end of your paper.
The 4 parts of the course paper:
Part 1: Lithosphere
– For each country, what is one major geologic feature (can include mountains, desert, plains, coast, etc)?
– Briefly describe these features, how they came to look like how they do today.
– How are humans using these features (tourism, nature reserve, sacred lands, extracting resources, etc)?
– Does human use of these features create concern for the future of these features, or the wildlife found on them? If so, explain how, and describe what is being done about it.
– Print pictures of the geologic features, or maps showing where these features are located, and attach them to the back of the paper.
Part 2: Atmosphere
– For each country, describe the year-round climate found in the majority of the country (climate charts called “climographs” will help with this). If there is a wide variety of climate types in one country, just pick one city and describe its climate. Be sure to include information about temperature, precipitation, and seasonal changes.
– How has climate change impacted your assigned nations? What is being done about it?
Part 3: Hydrosphere
– What is one major body of water found within, or adjacent to, each of your assigned nations? Describe them, and give a brief description of where they are found.
– How are humans using these features (fishing, tourism, wildlife etc)?
– Does human use of these features create concern for the future of these features or the living organisms found within them? If so, explain how, and describe what is being done about it.
Part 4: Biosphere / Environmental Sustainability Challenges:
– What are several of the most common species of wildlife (plants or animals) in your assigned nations?
Which ones are native to your nations, and which ones came from elsewhere (called “exotic” species)?
– How did the exotic species arrive, and are they threatening the existence of any native species?
– Sustainable development involves balancing the environment, the economy, and society to achieve the best long-term benefits for all. What type of sustainable development programs/efforts exist to improve your nations’ environmental problems that you discussed earlier in this paper? Your answer can include actions being taken by either your assigned nations or other nations providing assistance.