Follow the instructions below for this week’s assignment. As always, submit a 300-400 word reflection paper (about one page single spaced) that responds to the prompts. I am looking for brief but in-depth reflections written in an academic (and not casual) style. For all of these prompts, use appropriate in-text citations to support your reflections.
1. Visit the following website to calculate your Greendex: http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/greendex/calculator/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
2. What is Greendex? Is it better to have a higher or lower score?
3. What is your Greendex score?
4. How does your Greendex score compare with the United States Greendex? What country does your Greendex score correspond closest with? Is this surprising?
5. Describe “smart consumption” as it relates to environmental sustainability. Do some outside research to figure this out, and make sure to cite sources appropriately.
6. Identify 3 areas of your consumption (they do not have to be included in the Greendex calculator).
7. Describe your current consumption patterns within these three areas, and describe how you could reduce your consumption or engage in “smart consumption.”
8. What responsibility for environmental sustainability do you have as a consumer?