Consider your company or one that you know well and evaluate the words of their mission and vision statements. You must include the company’s mission and vision statements in your initial post.
Using the information in Table 2.1 from our text, critique the adequacy and merits of the words of their vision statement identifying effective elements and shortcomings. Using the below criteria, evaluate the adequacy and merits of the words of their mission statement.
Mission Statement Criteria:
- Identifies the company’s products and/or services.
- Specifics the buyer needs that the company seeks to satisfy and the customer groups or markets that it serves, and
- Gives the company its own identity.
- What recommended changes (identify at least one change for each statement) would you make for each statement and why?
Please note that you are not evaluating what you know of can find out about the company, but simply the words they use for their vision and mission statements.
NOTE: Make sure you choose a company that is unique.
Your initial response to the discussion question should be 550 words. You must have at least one course (our text) and one non-course scholarly/peer reviewed source in your initial posting. Sources require in-text citations and must be incorporated into the body of the post in addition to a full APA citation at the end of the post.
Refer to Assurance of Learning Exercise #1 (Apple) in Chapter One of your Thompson (2020) text. Read “Apple Inc: Exemplifying a Successful Strategy” in Illustration Capsule 1.1.
Incorporate our course (Thompson text) work for the week and dDevelop your analysis by responding to the following questions:
- Does Apple’s strategy seem to set it apart from rivals?
- Does the strategy seem to be keyed to a cost-based advantage, differentiating features, serving the unique needs of a niche, or some combination of these? Explain why?
- What is there about Apple’s strategy that can lead to sustainable competitive advantage?
- Your analysis should be 350 words.
- Incorporate a minimum of at least one course (Thompson 2020 Text) and one non-course scholarly/peer-reviewed sources in your paper to support your analysis.
- All written assignments must include a coverage page, introductory and concluding paragraphs, reference page, and proper in-text citations using APA guidelines.