Choose a work of art from any genre that depicts or tells the story of a real life event from any time period, such as The Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon and the Coronation of Empress Joséphine on December 2, 1804 by Jacques Louis David.
- Include the title and the artist and some background of the event.
- What is the relationship between the work of art and the event?
- Did the artist depict the event accurately?
- Does the artist make changes regarding the event? If so, why do you think the artist made these changes?
- Examine the artist’s message in the depiction.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist.
Choose a work to discuss from one genre that interprets a work from another genre.
- Include the title, artist, and description of both works.
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the second artist that discusses the influence, reasoning, or interpretation of the original work on the second work.