Physical Geography Group Project
Due Date: See Syllabus
This project both highlights and expands upon your findings in your research paper.
· You may use either PowerPoint or a poster. Time limit: 10-13 minutes. Other than that, there is no strict format to adhere to, and no citations/bibliography. Any number of people from your group can do the talking during the presentation. This can be more of a picture-heavy, rather than a text-heavy, presentation.
· However, please use the order of the following information as a rough guide to how your presentation should flow.
For this presentation, you will need to:
1. Show the class where exactly your two nations are located (either show in presentation, or use something like Google Maps in class).
2. Decide on 2 geologic features (one for each country) and briefly discuss. Include pictures in presentation. Each group will only discuss two landmarks, so decide on which two as a team.
3. Briefly summarize your findings of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, etc. This information should fit on 3-4 slides at most. Again, decide as a team on what information to include in the presentation.
Your presentation should then answer the following question:
1. What do you think are some of the biggest concerns for the future of this country (related to either nature or to human-nature interaction)?
2. What did you and the rest of your group find particularly interesting or surprising in your research?
You will be graded on:
· Creativity (Did you put forth effort to make your presentation visually appealing? Have some fun with this!)
· Organization (Is the presentation easy to follow, and are the visuals easy to understand?)
· Contributing significantly to the group (Did you pull your own weight, and help your teammates when you could?)
· Staying within time limits
· Providing the information asked in this assignment’s instructions