FYI: You will write a scholarly in-depth analysis of a current challenge facing healthcare administrators today.
Your research should be based on significant sources (5 or more) outside the text used for this class. You should:
- Present the topic
- Educate your reader on any technical aspects necessary for your reader to understand the problem
- Provide an analysis of the issues and challenges facing healthcare administrators today.
REVIEWING AN ARTICLE
By Dr. Peter Bailey,
A review of an article is your evaluation of an article’s strengths, weaknesses, and validity. You are informing readers of the article’s value through explanation, interpretation, and analysis. You must provide information that will allow the reader to make a value judgment about the article. The following describes how to write an article review:
- Reviews should begin with a full bibliographic citation (author, the title of the journal article, name of the journal, volume, issue, date of publication, pages).
- Your review should summarize the article and critique it on the information it gives you.
- What is the purpose of the article (main points – major theme)?
- Critique means your substantiated opinion of the article, including one possible use in your employment environment.
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, and validity of the article?
- Does the author accomplish her/is objective? Does the author do what she/he has set out to do?
- Please address/discuss the following:In view of a national nursing shortage and nursing education not keeping pace with workforce demands, how would you ensure an adequate supply of nurses in your organization? What short-term and long-term actions would you propose? (Note: Hiring more nurses is not the answer!)